Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nice Gait!

I have a theory.

When an attractive woman walks by and a man turns around to check her out from behind I don't think he's so much looking at her ass so much as he's checking out her gait. That's right. He's determining how sturdy and even and dependable her carriage is for - you guessed it - child bearing. (Wow! I totally just took it there.)

For those of you still reading...this is exactly what slave-owners did when sizing up a slave and determining whether he or she was worthy of purchase. Same goes for horses and work animals. I mean, I understand no guy thinks, "I'm going to check out her gait," or, "Nice carriage," but I just mean to say that there is a primitive, deep-seated biological imperative behind turning to observe a woman after she's just passed by on the street. (Okay, I immediately concede that my girlfriend and most of my female friends won't ever take me seriously again but...I'm taking this one for the blog).

No comments: